Tuesday, May 10, 2011

50 Questions Day 2

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

                 2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

                      In my opinion never trying is probably the worst one. Here is what I think. Failure is apart of our lives. When you don't fail you don't really learn anything. Easy example. The first time most of us rode our bikes with no training wheels we fell or crashed. Now think about that for a minute. What did you learn? You learned "DAMN THAT STREET LIGHT REALLY HURTS WHEN I HIT IT." Or some variation of that, right? If you don't like that lets try something a little more adult. How about in the recent case of my training that I just went through at work. The class is voluntary and not required at all to continue to keep a job where I work. Now one of the reasons for the voluntary status of the class is that you have to pole climb. Now when you pole climb and screw up this is might be what it sounds like. "UUUUUHHHH, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET UP. I THINK I MISSED THAT LAST STEP AND FELL 10 FEET."   In both instances if I had just decided to nor try at all I might not have gotten hurt. But also I would not have learned to ride a bike or gotten a raise at work for completion of the course. which would have sucked both times and possible for the rest of my life.

Now, just not trying something for the fear of failing has always just been really stupid to me. Thank about it. If what you are trying to do is say, ask a girl out but you don't because you are afraid she will say no then how will you ever know if she would have said yes. In this case the absolute worst thing that can happen to you is she says NO. Which sucks but come on, get over it. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Or how about you guys and girls that never learned to swim. Look around in the summer. All these people are having fun and staying cool while you sit in the lounge chair and watch. I don't know about you but if that were me that would really suck.

I guess the conclusion is that to me it is much better to try and fail than to not fail at all. Where is the fun in never failing.

Thanks for reading this and I will see you guys and girls tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Failing!!! But that's my OCD talking!