Saturday, April 2, 2011

Smoking and Strength

Stress Sucks
Tonight is going to be a little bit of a serious.

Lately I have been coughing a lot more. I know the cause. I smoke. Now for the life of me (pun intended) I can't seem to get myself to quit. I just don't know if I can do it.

I have quit before. Or I guess the correct way to say that would be, I stopped smoking for a time. A few years ago I tried to quit smoking. If I remember correctly I was 20 years old and for some reason decided it would be a good idea to quit smoking around thanksgiving. Now I am not known for my will power. And I like to blame it mostly on my ADHD. So the way I see it I don't lack will power I just don't have enough concentration to keep up the.......what was I saying. Hang on I will have to read back what i wrote.........Oh yea. Anyways, as I remember it, Thanksgiving went pretty good even with one of the best parts of smoking. You know having one after a good meal.
The next month seemed to go pretty good. But leave it up to Christmas to throw a wrench in things. Not that it bad but I mean come on, everybody has something that drives them crazy at Christmas time. For me its just that having almost EVERYONE in the family in the same living room. While not a bad thing directly, its just that with everyone talking at the same time it can wear on the nerves a little bit. Well needless to say I found myself going outside to get away for a few minutes and found myself among the smokers in the family and for some reason just decided to grab a smoke and start back up.

Now while I still enjoy smoking to this day, I am starting to wonder what it is doing to me. And no not the general medical things that happen but what it is doing to me. I have noticed that very few of my friends smoke and I always seem to find myself outside alone.

Well now that I got that randomness out I hope everyone has a great day.

No comments: