Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stuck in Reading mode

Sorry for the delay on more post lately guys. I have been absorbed in the book I am reading and just keep forgetting to write. The bad thing is that this is the third time I am reading this series and still can't remember everything. The book is called "The Way of Shadows" (click the link to check it out.)

 For anyone that knows me  I almost always read fantasy novels, not counting the occasional detective novel. For some reason I just don't understand why people who read other things read stuff like "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption" . Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against these kinds of books but for me it's just not worth it. Think about it. You get up turn on the news and what is the first thing you hear about? "so and so got shot today","the president this and that", bitch, bitch, whine, whine. Who really wants to be a part of the real world when they sit down to read and get away for everything if this is the kind of world we have now. For me when I read its all about escape. Coming home and getting lost in a world were there is dragons and wizards(yes, i love harry potter), and battles where you had to look a guy in the eye to kill him and not just push a damn button to kill thousands like we do today. Anyways I seem to be rambling on and on again back to the main topic. The reason I have been so engrossed in this book is because I am in the back 3rd of it and as anyone who likes to read knows, that is the best part of any book. You start learning all the twist and secrets. i promise I will try harder to keep up with the blog. If anyone reading this like fantasy books and would like to recommend one let me know I will give it a try. Ok guys I think I have talked enough for the night, talk to you later.

No comments: